West Sacramento, CA 95691
Primary Duties Include:
- Processing complex and accurate full cycle accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Maintain organization of receipts and documents per individual contracts.
- Prepare and ensure proper accompanying documentation for all billings.
- Follow and maintain documentation and records retention policies and procedures.
- Light collections, following up on outstanding receivables.
- Prepare and communicate contract reporting as needed and follow up internal departments and external clients.
- Prepare and provide periodic reconciliation and reports.
- Update Contract Status report for assigned funders and cost centers;
- Prepare monthly financial and contract reports and journal entries for revenue accrual and other adjustments.
- Maintain audit readiness on accounts and initiate journal entries for adjustments, as needed.
- Process automated billing draws from applicable funder.
- Analysis of grants/contracts and prepare aging reports. Prepare quarterly contract receivables report.
- Review and update and communicate assigned account codes and schedules to staff and management.
- Prepare files and worksheets required by internal and external auditors and prepare required reports.
- Serve as back up for other roles on Finance team as well as general clerical functions.
- Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, 10Key by Touch and ability to learn SharePoint
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Aptitude for general clerical accounting principles, practices, procedures and methods
- Verify and process computerized and manual reports and financial documents
- Nonprofit, multi-funded organization experience is a plus
Education and Experience:
Bachelor s degree in accounting is preferred. ( Additional qualifying experience may be substituted)
A combination of experience and education is necessary to qualify for the position.
Minimum of two (2) years of applicable experience. ( Education may be substituted for experience)
Must be able to clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA.
Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaf fing.Co m