Job Number: 1671993
Pay Rate: $21.00/hour
Patient Service Representative needed in the Sacramento area at a thriving private specialized medical practice. Seeking dedicated individuals eager to build a healthcare career with nationally recognized physicians. Our client offers on-the-job training, the chance to expand your skills, and stay current with cutting-edge medical knowledge. If you' re ready to be part of a fast-paced, high-volume medical office, you' re the one we' re looking for. Please note that this position has the potential for remote work but requires local presence to train in the Sacramento area.
- Engage with patients in person or over the phone to address billing inquiries.
- Craft effective appeal letters for initial and second-level appeals.
- Evaluate account balances and make decisions regarding further actions.
- Assist patients with co-pay support by distributing packets, answering questions, facilitating online enrollment, and providing information about available financial or co-pay assistance programs.
- Utilize payers' websites to verify claim and appeal statuses.
- Respond to patient and clinic calls in the drug team queue.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Must have previously worked for a private practice medical office.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Experience in medical billing and reimbursement, including government programs, private insurance, and individual payment processes.
- Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting various types of insurance explanations of benefits and remittance advice.
- General understanding of credit and collection practices and basic accounting.
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 policies related to medical billing.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Exceptional organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new processes.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- The capacity to meet daily department goals.
- Local residence in the Sacramento area.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant medical billing experience (willing to train the right candidate).
- Experience with NextGen.
- Familiarity with Experian ClaimSource and Denial Manager.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
Benefits: Great benefits offered if selected for permanent hire.
Must be able to clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position including COVID Vaccination/Boosters. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaf fing.Co m