MEDICAL CODING REPRESENTATIVE
Sacramento, CA 95821
- Verify procedure, diagnosis and time on each case; email and/or call for missing information.
- Provide proper codes to ensure payment from insurance is in compliance with State and Federal Billing guidelines.
- Ability to turn all new work over within a 48 hour turnaround.
- Logging completed work into an MS Excel spreadsheet.
- Assist Surgeons, Physicians and staff with coding issues and/or problems.
- Act as a Liaison for Physicians communication and education.
- Provide procedure estimates on anesthesia services and pain work to surgeons, facilities and patients.
- Research and resolve audits for missing cases, coding/time problems and Physician questions and/or problems.
- Current CPC-P Certification
- Medical Terminology
- Respect for the confidentiality of patients accounts and medical history
- Familiar with various insurance carrier agreements and compliance with all State and Federal billing guidelines
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, team player
- Basic computer and internet skills; problem solving skills
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions as well as communicate clearly
- Must have a minimum of two years of Medical Coding experience
Must be able to provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaf fing.Co m