MEDICAL BILLER / COLLECTOR
Carmichael, CA 95608
- Perform collections for unpaid Medi-Cal share of cost, Medicare coinsurance, and private or uninsured balances for all assigned clients.
- Document and report to the Collections Manager any deficiencies in the collection process/guideline.
- Contact responsible parties on a daily basis to make payment arrangements on past due balances.
- Send collection letters, negotiate balance in full, payment plans as approved, and maintain legal filings such as small claims, creditor s claims, and bankruptcies as required.
- Use independent judgments as to which accounts are the highest priority accounts to work and determine which method is most appropriate based on delinquency.
- Other responsibilities include preparing and distributing written report(s) with findings and observations of Accounts Receivable deficiencies to Collections Manager.
- Medical collections and billing experience
- Data entry, excel spreadsheet tracking, and general office skills
- Ability to use good judgment in any situation and take ownership of job duties.
- Able to effectively express self both verbally and in written communication.
- Must be a well organized, motivated self starter, and be detail oriented.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times.
Must be able to clear a thorough drug and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow-up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Ww w.Rivercitystaffing.Com