Job Number: 1670542
Pay Rate: $25.00/hour
We are currently seeking a highly organized Librarian for a short-term project. The main objective is to establish a comprehensive library system, organize all books, categorize catalogs, periodicals, and articles, and create a digital database. This project is estimated to last 2 to 3 weeks and best suited for a degreed librarian with experience in library creation.
- Set up a library system for all books, ensuring thorough organization and categorization.
- Digitize periodicals, articles, index cards, and other relevant materials using appropriate software.
- Advise on and select a suitable software for the library system, with an emphasis on efficient search and retrieval.
- Create and integrate a classification system, potentially Dewey Decimal or a more suitable alternative.
- Build a digital catalog that allows easy access to information and future lending capabilities.
- Handle a substantial number of books, periodicals, catalogs, and multi-volume series.
- Evaluate and recommend options for the library system setup.
- A degree in Library Sciences or a related field is mandatory.
- Prior experience as a Librarian, particularly in the organization and systematization of libraries.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with library software and systems.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong communication and decision-making skills.
- Previous experience with cataloging and managing a diverse collection.
- Familiarity with a range of library software options.
- Experience with setting up libraries from scratch.
- An understanding of library classification systems.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to consider and suggest innovative solutions.
Must be able to provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position including COVID Vaccination/Boosters, clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaf fing.Co m