Job Number: 1669563
Pay Rate: $95000.00/year
The Legislative Representative plays a pivotal role in advocating for special districts, serving as a liaison between legislative bodies and our organization. Reporting to the Director of Advocacy and Public Affairs, this position involves extensive engagement with legislative processes, member services, communications, and various additional responsibilities to support our mission. This is a Direct Hire position with comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, and more. Responsibilities include:
- Advocate for members on legislative and regulatory matters, including testifying at hearings.
- Engage with legislative offices and stakeholders to convey company s positions on legislation and policy issues.
- Draft and approve position letters and fact sheets.
- Foster relationships with local government associations, district-specific associations, and other relevant entities.
- Lead discussions with the Legislative Committee on policy issues, facilitating timely updates and gathering feedback.
- Represent organization at various workgroups, coalition meetings, conferences, and events.
- Support organization involvement in policy priorities, initiatives, and legal actions.
- Assist in planning and executing legislative events.
- Fulfill the requirements of an in-house registered lobbyist, including necessary trainings and reporting.
- Assist members with legislative, regulatory, and budget-related inquiries.
- Monitor the system for relevant questions, issues, and trends, providing timely responses.
- Educate members on the legislative process and grassroots advocacy strategies.
- Deliver presentations at conferences, local chapter meetings, and other events.
- Aid members in arranging legislative meetings in the Capitol and district offices.
- Collaborate with the Public Affairs Specialist on various initiatives, including eBlast Advocacy Alerts.
- Write and edit weekly e-News and articles for company magazine.
- Contribute to website effectiveness and update modules for the online Grassroots Action Center.
- Develop materials on legislative issues for internal and external audiences.
- Educate external groups about special districts, including grand juries and non-profit organizations.
- Assist the Director of Advocacy and Public Affairs in training, mentoring, and overseeing other staff members in the department.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Senior Legislative staff, Directors, and CEO.
- Three to five years of minimum experience in legislative, governmental, or public affairs within state government, local government, business, or non-profit sectors is preferred.
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- In-depth knowledge of the California legislative process.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and make sound judgments, even in sensitive or stressful situations.
- Bachelor' s degree from an accredited university/college required; a related field (e.G., political science, public administration, government, communications) is preferred.
- Juris Doctorate or Master' s degree in a related field is desirable.
Must be able to provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position including COVID Vaccination/Boosters, clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaf fing.Co m