Sacramento, CA 95825 US
- Coordinating administrative and legal practice tasks and projects for the Estate Planning Division.
- Calendaring and coordinating meetings, appointments, court hearing, submission of supplement to probate notes, motion response and reply to deadlines. Completion of other tasks by the deadline assigned by the managing attorney.
- Preparing new client intake materials, opening new client matters, billing activities.
- Preparing, editing, proofreading, and assembling legal documents and correspondence.
- Drafting legal documents including Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts, Wills, Durable Power of Attorney documents, Advance Health Care Directives and HIPAA Authorizations, and other estate planning documents including claims forms, change of beneficiary forms, grant deeds, assessor documents, and transactional documents to assist clients with proper trust funding.
- Draft case management documents for court, including trial briefs, mediation briefs, witness lists and exhibit lists.
- Prepare legal documents for signings and facilitate signing appointments.
- Legal research and presentation.
- Communicating with Financial Institutions regarding Trust Funding.
- Covering the front office when other administrative staff are on break or absent.
- Ensure the front office, desk and files are maintained in a tidy and organized manner.
- Organize case files and tasks for ease of use.
- Perform clerical duties including filing, photocopying, and scanning as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years proven work experience as an Estate Planning Legal Assistant
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Firsthand experience with office equipment (e.G., printers, scanners, and computers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Exceptional client service, discretion, and judgement to ensure client confidentiality.
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively in a challenging environment.
- Excellent organizational skills including desire to maintain a neat and tidy office area and file management.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service and collaborator attitude
E xperience with Case Management and legal drafting software
Must be able to provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position including COVID Vaccination/Boosters, clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaf fing.Co m