HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Sacramento, CA 95670
- Administer and provide support for a wide variety of human resources activities, including employee relations, recruiting and benefits administration.
- Advise supervisors in HR practices and provide information to employees about personnel policies and procedures.
- Compile reports from employment records, maintain employment records, search employee files and furnish information to authorized persons. Maintain employee data in HRIS.
- Participates in the development of HR systems, objectives and goals.
- Provide customer service assistance, information and clarification regarding general information, open positions, policies, benefits and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training and performance evaluations.
- Prepares and communicates information to employees and former employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures.
- Assists in retention efforts by meeting with staff for ongoing feedback related to work/life balance and workplace satisfaction
- Responsible for orienting new hires on the benefits programs and insuring their timely enrollment.
- Administers and tracks leaves of absence under FMLA/CFRA/PDL laws, ensuring staff eligibility, verifying qualifying events and assigning leave.
- Provides training to management staff on leave of absence and worker s compensation protocols/laws.
- Supports program leadership with tracking and completion of annual professional development plans for staff
- Manages employee inquires and conducts exit interviews
- Conducts voluntary and involuntary separations of employment for assigned programs
- Manages health and safety related matters and assists with implementing proper policies for safety
- Drives on agency business using personal vehicle as required.
- Maintains clean driving record as well as currency of driver s license and vehicle insurance/registration.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business or related field
- Professional designation in Human Resources (SHRM-CP, PHR) preferred
- At least 5 years Human Resources Generalist experience preferred
- Valid California driver s license and current vehicle insurance/registration
Must be able to clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA.
Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaf fing.Co m