HUMAN RESOURCES BENEFITS ASSISTANT
Sacramento, CA 95670
- Oversight for the recording and record keeping associated with benefits and leaves.
- Plans and directs implementation and administration of employee benefits programs.
- Assists with implementation of contract renewals with benefit plan providers, auditors, and consultants.
- Prepares and communicates information to employees and former employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and mandated disclosures.
- Responsible for orienting new hires on the benefits programs and insuring their timely enrollment.
- Coordinates annual open enrollment period.
- Communicates with external parties to ensure and troubleshoot employee enrollments and terminations.
- Assists with reconciling of monthly billing from health vendors for submission to Accounting.
- Prepares, analyzes and enters benefits data into the HRIS system, including interfacing with payroll with appropriate reports and information.
- Administers and tracks leaves of absence under FMLA/CFRA/PDL laws, ensuring staff eligibility, verifying qualifying events, assigning leave, including record keeping and invoicing.
- Work with HR staff to provide as needed training to staff on leave of absence and worker s compensation protocols/laws.
- Maintains compliance with ERISA, Worker s Compensation, COBRA and medical leave laws.
- Enters appropriate paid leave and approves all timecards for employees out due to leave of absence or worker s compensation injuries.
- Administers and tracks all worker s compensation claims. Completes all paperwork accurately and timely.
- Interacts effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Assists with wellness and safety committee and benefits committee.
- Four-year college or university Bachelor s degree is preferred. High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum of two years of human resources experience with benefits management.
- MS Office and HRIS Experience
Must be able to clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA.
Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaf fin g.Co m