GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTING
Sacramento, CA 95833
The main responsibilities include:
- Performs general ledger and close responsibilities identified in assigned checklist for either journal entry and reconciliations, cash accounting, or endowment/release team.
- Prepares journal entries and other forms for month end general ledger close for area of responsibility as consistent with established policies.
- Prepares and maintains general ledger account reconciliations for areas of responsibility.
- Researches errors and account balances and resolves differences in a timely manner.
- Executes timely monthly, quarterly and annual close processes in accordance with finance standards and practices.
- Manage high volume with accuracy
- Experience in General Ledger Accounting is required.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or 1-3 years of progressive experience in general accounting, including general ledger.
- Knowledge of s ubsystems such as payroll, accounts payable, fixed asset and purchasing.
- Must be familiar with Year End entries and Bank reconciliations
- Experience in general accounting as typically acquired in 1 or more years, preferably in a service delivery environment
- Experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Experience with Lawson preferred
Must be able to provide a minimum of two supervisory references, must clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check and can provide proper identification to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance may be required.