Roseville, CA 95747 US
The Cost Accountant, will have a range of responsibilities involving product costing, gross margin analysis, and product-line profitability. This position is a bridge between the company s accounting, design engineering, and production teams and requires an individual who possesses a sound understanding of cost accounting, attention to detail, precise organizational and excellent communication skills. The appropriate candidate will be comfortable working with cross-functional teams within the organization and able to influence outcomes by being a proactive team contributor.
- Work closely with our sales, engineering, manufacturing engineering, and purchasing teams to establish and maintain accurate product costing.
- Develop cost standards for materials, labor, and overhead.
- Analyze cost of goods sold and product margins and report on key performance metrics.
- Prepare reports on inventory usage, labor utilization rates, and overhead absorption.
- Monitor and analyze manufacturing variances to understand root causes, propose correcting journal entries (when required), and identify areas for improvement.
- Work with the Corporate Controller concerning month-end closing activities pertaining to inventory, work-in-process, and shipments.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of inventory (raw materials, WIP, and finished goods).
- Prepare analyses supporting the company s inventory turnover and reserves.
- Maintain the company s cost accounting practices and policies.
- Work with all functional groups to improve adherence to sound accounting practices.
- Prior work experience, as a manufacturing cost accountant, is required to assume the duties of this role.
- Prior experience with complex BOMs is highly desirable.
- Experienced with MRP software systems.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Collaborative approach, but comfortable working as a single contributor when necessary.
- Precise documentation skills and the ability to formulate, propose, and implement recommendations for corrective actions.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of cost accounting/manufacturing experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Please email your resume to Maria Tolentino, Director of RCS Executive Search Division at mtolentino@rivercitystaffing.Com, or call us at (916) 485-1588.
Must be able to clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position including COVID Vaccination/Boosters. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today!