Job Number: 1672180
Pay Rate: $120000.00/year
We are in search of a Finance Control Manager for a dynamic and rapidly expanding company in the retail and hospitality industry. This thriving organization boasts profitability, strong financial backing, and holds a commanding presence as the industry' s foremost innovator.
As the company' s growth trajectory continues, it is imperative to enhance our management capabilities and practices to facilitate the delivery of our exceptional services to a broader clientele. In the financial realm, this entails streamlining transaction processes, implementing reliable and pragmatic controls, ensuring the timely and accurate production of financial statements, providing actionable insights for efficient business management, collaborating closely with line management to enhance our strategic plans and results, and the recruitment, training, and retention of our valuable talent pool.
The Finance Control Manager will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and will maintain regular interaction with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the ownership team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversight of the accounting team in managing day-to-day financial transactions.
- Compilation and analysis of financial data to prepare accounting entries.
- Disbursement, encumbrance, receipt, and accounts receivable allocation following established schedules.
- Analysis of financial data, including assets, liabilities, and capital, culminating in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports that encapsulate the current and projected financial status of the company.
- Determination of the appropriate handling of financial transactions and approval of such transactions.
- Continuous monitoring of adherence to generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Scrutiny, investigation, and rectification of errors and discrepancies in financial records, documents, and reports.
- Implementation, modification, documentation, and coordination of accounting systems and control procedures.
- Recurring monthly journal entries and reconciliation of balance sheets.
- Organization, preparation, and filing of corporate documents.
- Management of accounting software implementation projects.
- Undertaking special projects and research as assigned.
To be considered for this role, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor' s degree in accounting or finance is mandatory.
- Demonstrated expertise in balance sheet reconciliation.
- Prior experience in managing an accounting team comprising at least four members.
- Proficiency in managing the month-end closing process.
- Experience with California payroll management.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Capable of project management.
- Ability to work independently and follow directives.
- Strong customer service skills and effective written and verbal communication abilities.
- A track record of thriving in self-starting, dynamic, and demanding environments with a strong sense of opportunity.
Must be able to clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position including COVID Vaccination/Boosters. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaffing.Com