CERTIFIED MEDICAL CODER
Roseville, CA 95747 US
Position Summary: Assigns codes and modifiers into the hospital encoder system within established Health Information Management standards. Abstracts and codes Acute Outpatient and Emergency Department Coding encounters as assigned based on functional expertise. Determines principal and secondary diagnoses and procedures for Acute Outpatient & and Emergency Department Coding records, regardless of complexity, according to all applicable coding rules and regulatory standards.
- Accurately assigns codes and modifiers into the hospital encoder system
- Coordinates with team members to ensure comprehensive and timely completion of coding for claims processing purposes
- Accurately abstracts hospital service records and seeks clarification or additional records regarding services rendered or procedures performed to support accurate and comprehensive billing and reimbursement for each record.
- Correctly assigns ICD-9-CM (or ICD-10-CM as required) and CPT-4 codes and modifiers for all hospital based outpatient encounters, including ancillary, emergency department, ambulatory surgery, and recurring accounts
- Codes and abstracts at least the minimum number of records per hour in accordance with established productivity and quality standards
- Appropriately communicates problems or issues related to correct assignment of major and minor patient types, service categories or other coding related data to Senior Coding Team Member or Team Lead as appropriate
- Provides assistance to the hospital billing office or other departments as required when problems or questions arise regarding coding issues
- Corrects data as requested in response to edits received from Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development or other data users
- In initial year, participates in cross-training and job enlargement opportunities for Major and Minor job responsibilities.
- Ensures delivery of business results by meeting or exceeding all individual operating metrics
- Plans and organizes work so Individual Operating Metrics and Service Level Agreement objectives are realized
- Recognizes and communicates potential issues to his/her team leader as appropriate People Development
- Seeks and responds to regular performance feedback from team lead; provides upward feedback as needed
- Assists in orientation and appropriate training of team members, helps cross-train peers in minor responsibilities; acts as a mentor to peers
- Maintains positive working relationships with members of other teams in the organization to communicate effectively and to ensure compliance with cross-team responsibilities
- Assists in efforts of the Coding Operations Team and supports building strong peer-to-peer relationships
- Adapts to learning new processes, concepts, and skills
- Dedication to accuracy and efficiency
- Must have a Certified Coding Specialist certification
- Excellent communication, coordination, and follow up skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Must be able to clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA.
Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position including COVID Vaccination/Boosters. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaf fing.Co m