Job Number: 1670982
Pay Rate: $35.00/hour
Billing and Account Specialist needed in the Greater Sacramento area for a remote position with a hospital client. Seeking a detail-oriented individual to join our client' s team performing billing and account activities to ensure compliant claims are submitted to payors for prompt payment. The position is a key part of our client' s hospital billing team and offers the opportunity to work remotely. Clinical knowledge is not required, but strong attention to detail and knowledge of billing requirements are essential. This is a Temporary position with the possibility of extensions or permanent placement.
- Review, correct, and submit claims to payers, applying developing/basic working knowledge and experience to the job.
- Resolve discrepancies and process adjustments as needed.
- Ensure the completion, accuracy, and clarity of all billing requirements while maintaining the confidentiality of financial and accounting records.
- Meet or exceed productivity and quality performance expectations.
- Provide general office support as needed.
- High School Education/GED or equivalent is preferred.
- An Associate s/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience is also preferred.
- Knowledge of UB04 and 1500 claim forms.
- Familiarity with facility billing, particularly type of bill experience (e.G., 131, 141, 111).
- Managed Medicare Plan or Managed Medi-Cal Plan knowledge is beneficial.
- Detail-oriented with an understanding of CCI edits or the ability to comprehend charge conflicts.
- Ability to follow directives from clinical team members.
- Remote work capability with the flexibility to work from home.
- Strong organizational skills.
Must be able to clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position including COVID Vaccination/Boosters. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaf fing.Co m