RCSES SHIPPING MANAGER
2530 River Plaza Drive, Suite 200 Sacramento, CA 95833
Shipping Manager needed for a large Producer/Distributor in the Dixon area to oversee daily logistics and distribution operations. This is a DIRECT HIRE position that offers room for growth and a daily sense of accomplishment.
- Supervising and overseeing all the activities of warehouse logistics including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Follow shipping and receiving through the entire process, from preparation to delivery and quality assurance per contacts and on deadline
- Managing all records, files, documentation and contracts related to the shipping and receiving process including shipping notices, pick slips, bills of lading, etc.
- Analyzing routes, deliveries and order processing
- Maintain appropriate product inventory in facilities
- Monitoring vehicle loading and delivery timelines
- Conduct periodic warehouse and inventory inspections and perform appropriate maintenance
- Comply with all legal, safety and procedural protocol and regulations
- Quality control input and product returns; claims processing
- Proficient with an ERP system, MS Office applications, and be advanced in MS Excel
- Strong understanding of budgets and reporting requirements
- Must have a strong mechanical, organizational and mathematical aptitude
- Advanced verbal, written and interpersonal communications
- Savvy with technical, as well as manual operational systems
- Strong follow-up and attention to detail
- High School Diploma or GED), minimum of 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Inventory Scanning Equipment experience preferred
Forklift certification preferred but not required
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 401k match
- Paid holidays and generous PTO plan
Must be able to provide a minimum of two supervisory references, proper identification to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance factors like clearing a thorough drug test and criminal background may be involved. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.