AS MEDICAL COLLECTOR/ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE REPRESENTATIVE
2450 Venture Oaks Way Sacramento, CA 95833
Medical Collector/Accounts Receivable Specialist is needed for a Sacramento medical company. This is a temporary position for approximately four (4) weeks. Client will entertain qualified candidates immediately.
- Ability to read contracts and determine allowed amount
- Ability to understand an Explanation of Benefits
- Knowledge of what a co-pay, co-insurance, deductible and out of pocket max are, and know how these affect claims adjudication and patient liability
- Solid understanding of different insurance products; HMO, PPO and Medicare Advantage plans
- Strong appeal writing skills
- Comfortable and effective at working with insurance companies to resolve denied or underpaid claims
- Comfortable talking to patients about their balances and explaining adjudication outcomes
- Ability to handle fast-paced and heavy volume work environment
- Work well under pressure
- Goal-Driven; MS Excel in achieving and exceeding goals
- Analytical skills – ability to make a sound decision on how to resolve a claims
- Previous experience in Medical Collections a must.
Must be able to clear a thorough drug and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.