STAFF ACCOUNTANT DIRECT HIRE
Sacramento, CA 95814
Essential Functions Instructions:
- Manual data entry and electronic uploads of accounts payable vouchers including verification of batches; entering and monitoring monthly recurring services, stipends, and rent.
- Review all accounts payable invoices, purchase orders, expense reimbursements and check requests for accuracy of calculations, duplication, proper coding and authorization.
- Prepare cash requirement reports ensuring weekly totals match the amount due to each vendor
- Arrange outstanding debit memos to appropriate vouchers; process check registers and distribute reports.
- Secure approval of check runs; produce checks and coordinate assembly and signing process ensuring that mailing and/or distribution is completed within appropriate time frames.
- Coordinate annual 1099 process to include ongoing maintenance of information on vendor legal entity status and tax ID numbers; reviews vendor files for 1099 issuance; assemble and verify reportable amounts, produce, reconcile and distribute 1099' s.
- Perform month-end close. Reconcile vendor statements, research vendor inquiries.
- Process billings including communication with various departments to obtain billing (invoice request) information, review calculations for accuracy and review for overall reasonableness. Conduct required research and perform data entry functions.
- Generate invoices including production of the invoices, assembling the invoices with the necessary supporting documentation. Distribute and/or mail invoices.
- Process daily deposits ensuring cash receipts match with open invoices, code checks to the appropriate accounts, separate cash receipts according to the correct company and prepare for deposit. Apply cash receipts in core system.
- Perform aging analysis and collection functions. Monitor payment status of all receivables using monthly aging reports. Manage overall collection function, working with appropriate departments in the early stages and following up with demand letters and certified mailings.
Required Education, Licenses & Experience
- High school diploma or GED required, with a minimum of three years A/P and A/R experience with computerized systems required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP and Purchase Order experience preferred.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong attention to detail and proven mathematical skills.
- Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating diplomacy and tact while interacting with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to perform job duties with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Windows/Microsoft Office, industry standard accounting software, experience with other types of main frame applications a plus; proven ability to use 10-key by touch.
Must be able to clear a thorough drug and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA.
River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer .