Sacramento, CA 95815
- Work with internal staff and external partners to ensure all required fiscal documentation is completed in a timely manner; to initiate, maintain, and closeout contracts.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of budgets and revisions.
- Process/Approve budgets, financial reports and funds requests.
- Monitor expenditures and revenue vs. Budget; and perform variance analyses.
- Provide fiscal support and training to partners, as required.
- Oversee/Prepare monthly Expenditure Reports and Request for Funds to the CDA and various other funding agencies.
- Oversee/Analyze cash needs and perform bank transfers, as needed.
- Prepare various monthly/periodic journal entries, as required.
- Prepare various audit work papers.
- Assist in an ongoing internal review of the financial records and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist in maintaining accounting database through account set-ups, distribution tables, budget data, etc.
- Experience in governmental/nonprofit accounting is preferred.
- Establish and maintain a monitoring system for all Funded Partners; Develop procedures for conducting fiscal assessments.
- Conduct annual reviews (bi-annually on-site and desk reviews) and prepare evaluations of subcontractors.
- Utilize a tracking system to assure recommendations are implemented in a timely manner.
- Distribute monthly status updates on audits and fiscal assessments.
- Review and audit financial reports for compliance on matching funds and in-kind requirements.
- Reconcile closeout expenditures to recipient audit reports.
- Maintain/Review records of Funded Partner inventory including acquisitions, disposals, and depreciation.
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of five years progressive experience in accounting and automated accounting systems.
Must provide two professional, supervisory references, clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check and have the ability to provide proper identification to verify eligibility to work in the US. River City Staffing Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow-up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaffing.Com