RCSES INSURANCE AND BENEFIT ACCOUNTANT
Sacramento, California | Direct Hire
Accountant needed for our Sacramento area client. This direct hire opportunity is for the candidate that possesses a Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting or equivalent and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting and insurance industry.
This position will be responsible for overseeing general accounting operations for the Trust. Will be performing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, customer service and weekly and monthly reconciliations. Must have Full Cycle Accounting. Will be working with 3 different entities: Health Plans, Long Term Disability, and Accidental.
Should have an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Minimum of five years of work experience in accounting for a Trust or other similar service organization within the insurance industry and have experience working for multiple entities. Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including but not limited to book, reconcile and report in-force premiums, accruals, cash, A/R on a monthly basis.
- Perform bank reconciling of premiums, deposits, etc…
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close.
- Prepare monthly management reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets, and narratives including budgeted vs actual variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up documentation of significant variances.
- Make daily, weekly, and monthly 941 IRS deposits.
- Prepare and distribute financial statements.
- Ensure that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards.
- Coordinate and resolve various issues with bank such as cleared check differences, bank fees anomalies, targeted balance calculations and enhancement to online services.
- Assist with the filings of the Form 5500 (yearly audits, long term disability claims), 990, and 199 filings by preparing all necessary information and documentation.
- Assist with annual external audits.
- Assist in the development of the comprehensive yearly budget.
- Assist with testing and receive final approval for system reports required for the Trustees, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Serve as the bank liaison.
- Confirm with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Perform yearly audits of all programs.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Attend Trustees meetings as requested.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Must be able to provide a minimum of two supervisory references, proper identification to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.