Sacramento, CA 95814
Accounting duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviews accounts payable operating invoices, expenses reimbursements and payment requests for accuracy.
- Routes invoices for approvals, codes recurring invoices to appropriate GL accounts.
- Performs data entry and uploads accounts payable invoices including verification of batches. Enters and monitors monthly recurring information.
- Receives insurance claims invoices, reviews for accuracy, prepares and batches for input, and enters into AS400 claims payment system.
- Researches all claims payment-related inquiries, and identifies and investigates any unusual payments.
- Processes claim voids/returns and other payments.
- Prepares and reconciles cash requirements; applies outstanding debit memos to vouchers; secures approval of check run; produces checks and EFT batches, coordinates assembly and signing process ensuring mailing and/or distribution is completed on deadline; processes check registers, distributes reports, maintains vendor lists and files supporting documentation in vendor files.
- Coordinates annual 1099 process including maintenance of information on vendor legal entity status and tax ID numbers; assembles and verifies reportable amounts, produces, reconciles and distributes 1099s.
- Processes Accounts Receivable invoicing including research and communication with various departments to obtain the billing information, reviews calculations and codes for accuracy.
- Performs data entry functions; applies AR receipts to appropriate invoices; Produces AR reports, edits and distributes.
- Generates, produces, and assembles invoices.
- Maintains customer lists and files supporting documentation.
- Performs month end and year end close on AP and AR.
- Performs monthly reconciliations of vendor and customer statements.
- Researches vendor and customer inquiries; researches and reissues checks.
- Performs aging analysis and collection functions; monitors payment status of all receivables.
Required Education, Licenses & Experience
- Minimum of a High school diploma/GED required. Associate degree is preferred.
- Minimum of two years AP/AR experience.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Windows/Microsoft Office, Lawson and/or AS400 accounting software, MS Excel spreadsheets, and other main frame applications; 10-key by touch.
Must be able to clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA. Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! Www.Rivercitystaf fing.Co m